All About Dancing Peacock Paradise
- Dancing Peacock Paradise is a privately-owned home & retreat center dedicated to spiritual events & personal retreats.
- Dances of Universal Peace are offered regularly here, & in Gainesville & nearby communities (as well as around the world)
- To be informed about local dance events, please e-mail: FLRetreats at Gmail.com
- Monthly dances are usually 4th Saturdays @ 3 pm in Ft. McCoy at Dancing Peacock Paradise. Come early to enjoy the property & sign in
- Confirm by phone if you haven’t received an email: 352 546-1345.
The Dances of Universal Peace honor the sacred traditions of the world by incorporating mantras & scripture into melodic moving meditations. The event will include singing, dancing, mediation, & prayers. Everything is taught in the moment & everyone participates. The Dances were envisioned by Samuel Lewis, a student of Sufi Master Hazrat Inayat Khan.
These dances are a form of spiritual practice for many dancers, & you can help maintain the sacred, joyful atmosphere as we sing & dance.
It is customary to hold a minute or so of silence after a dance ends, & to refrain from talking throughout the dance session.
- To be informed about local dance events, please sign the E-mail list.
- Monthly dances are usually 4th Saturdays @ 3:00 in Ft. McCoy at Dancing Peacock Paradise. Confirm by phone if you haven’t received an email: 352 546-1345.
- When we eat together, it is a time of sharing, bonding, & connection, as well as appreciation of food. Here are some ideas for everyone to have the optimum experience!
- Please bring an abundant, healthy, mostly vegetarian, dish, either homemade or carefully selected; one for each person attending.
- We will have a blessing together before beginning to line up
- Remember that there are people behind you in line
- Move through as quickly as possible, saving conversation until seated
- Take small portions, so that everyone can try everything
- Those who are contributing to the music or leadership, or who are helping in the dining room will go toward the front of the line.
- While you are waiting in line, you may get a drink or nibble from the snack table in the dining room.
- Come back for seconds only after everyone is served
- It’s nice to purposefully sit with people you don’t know well, & take the opportunity to get to know them better!
- When you are finished, clear your leftover food into the white compost can, dispose of your trash & stack your dishes.
- You do not need to rinse the dishes
- Remember to take your emptied dish home! You may leave leftovers in a plastic container, found in the black cart, for the people who are staying overnight.
- Accommodations are unique & rustic, in beautiful natural surroundings.
- All bathrooms are shared. In addition to the house bathroom & 2 cottage bathrooms, there are 5 open air out-houses, 2 outdoor hot water showers, and 1 outdoor vintage tub.
- Please remake your bed with fresh sheets before leaving, and take your used linens to the laundry room in the pole barn/carport behind the house.
- Leave your bedroom & bathroom clean for the next guests, and wash any dishes you may have used.
Everyone is requested to make a donation or pay the appropriate fee for each event. If that is not possible, then please volunteer for some extra service. Larger donations are graciously welcomed for upkeep & improvements.
Karma Yoga (Service)
|Everyone is asked to contribute some service to help the event run smoothly. Help is needed for:|
- Potluck setup
- Dinner cleanup
- Kitchen cleanup
- Dessert setup
- Dessert cleanup
- Showing newcomers around
- Music (with practice together in advance)
- Lighting candles
- Filling water dispensers or pitchers
- Making coffee
- Breakfast setup (if overnight guests)
- Linen laundry
Help would also be welcomed in advance of the event.